Today we look at Curious Goods a show that takes a deep dive in the Friday the 13th television series and looks at the storytelling aspects and other areas that made this a great show. Audio Player at the bottom of the page
The Stuff We Liked
- We enjoyed the sarcasm and entertainment as you did the re-enactment of the episode
- The ads were well done and to the point
- The show is a very unique mix of story writing clinic and very old television series
- Nice production
- The female voiceover at the start of the show
- Nice job of mentioning other shows and cross-promotion without being too spammy.
- Good call to action “What was your curious good from this episode?”
- Stopping the music let the audience know we've moved to a new section
The Items that Need to be Polished
- Dave found the intro confusing. Erik would've liked a bit of a table of contents.
- Explain what a curious good is sooner (you did a great job at the 35-minute mark)
- Try to talk to one person and avoid group speak
- Dave felt the background music got too loud at times
- Identify yourselves sooner (but no need to say “I'm your host)
- Add some credentials – why am I listening to you?
- You guys agree on everything. Maybe find some different points of view.
- The commercials break was very long. Possibly break these up into smaller chunks
- Didn't get to the content until 7 minutes in and Dave thought this was too long
- The easter egg at the end didn't deliver much value and the space between the end of the show and the easter egg is VERY long.
- The site is cluttered and hard to navigate
- Needs a style guide
- iTunes link goes to the wrong show (and your subscribe buttons are lost in the clutter)
- The Curious Goods show is missing on your show page.
- The tag cloud ads no value to the visitor. See if you can move it down the page.
- There is a lot of material for your business. There is more than enough advertising on each page.
- Convocation is a very fancy word.
- The logos have a nice theme that is followed in each logo.
Check out Curious Goods